Photoshop CS6: The Missing Manual
Photoshop CS6 is truly amazing, but it can also be overwhelming if you’re just getting started. This book makes learning Photoshop a breeze by explaining things in a friendly, conversational style—without technical jargon. After a thorough introduction to the program, you’ll delve deep into Photoshop’s secrets with expert tips and practical advice you can use every day.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Learn your way around. Get a guided tour of Photoshop’s beautiful new workspace.
- Unlock the magic. Discover the most practical ways to use layers, channels, masks, paths, and other tools.
- Fine-tune your images. Learn techniques for cropping, retouching, and combining photos.
- Play with color. Drain, change, and add color; and create gorgeous black-and-whites and duotones.
- Be artistic. Create original illustrations and paintings, use text and filters effectively, and edit video clips.
- Share your work. Produce great-looking images for print and the Web.
- Work smarter and faster. Automate common chores and install plug-ins for complex tasks.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Basics
Chapter 1. Photoshop CS6 Guided Tour
Chapter 2. Opening, Viewing, and Saving Files
Chapter 3. Layers: The Key to Nondestructive Editing
Chapter 4. Selections: Choosing What to Edit
Part II: Editing Images
Chapter 5. Controlling Color with Channels
Chapter 6. Cropping, Resizing, and Rotating
Chapter 7. Combining Images
Chapter 8. Draining, Changing, and Adding Color
Chapter 9. Correcting Color and Lighting
Chapter 10. Changing Reality: Removing and Repositioning
Chapter 11. The Art of Sharpening
Part III: The Artistic Side of Photoshop
Chapter 12. Painting in Photoshop
Chapter 13. Drawing with the Vector Tools
Chapter 14. Creating Artistic Text
Chapter 15. The Wide World of Filters
Part IV: Printing and the Web
Chapter 16. Photoshop and Print
Chapter 17. Photoshop and the Web
Part V: Photoshop Power
Chapter 18. Working Smarter with Actions
Chapter 19. Beyond Photoshop: Plug-Ins
Chapter 20. Photoshop and Video
Chapter 21. Using Adobe Bridge
- Paperback: 888 pages
- Publisher: Pogue Press (May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449316158
- ISBN-13: 978-1449316150