Automating Active Directory Administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0
Focused content on automating the user authentication and authorization tool for Windows environments
Automation helps make administration of computing environments more manageable. It alleviates the repetition of repeating frequent tasks and and automates just about any task for Active Directory, Windows PowerShell 2.0. Focused on everyday and frequently performed tasks, this indispensable guide provides you with the PowerShell solutions for these tasks. Solutions are presented in a step-by-step format so that you can fully grasp how the new Active Directory module for PowerShell provides command-line scripting for administrative, configuration, and diagnostic tasks.
- Walks you through the processes and tools required to automate everyday tasks
- Offers PowerShell solutions for maintaining a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment
- Includes real-world examples, explanations of concepts, and step-by-step solutions
This unique book allows you to work more efficiently and effectively and keep up with the ever-increasing demands from businesses.
From the Back Cover
Automate routine tasks with PowerShell cmdlets
Using the new PowerShell 2.0 module in Active Directory for Windows Server 2008 R2, you can manage Active Directory tasks through automation and avoid performing the same or similar tasks over and over. Learn how to automate essential areas of Active Directory, from deployment to security, with this practical guide. Designed for busy IT professionals, this book is packed with sample scripts and step-by-step instruction.
Whether you’re new to PowerShell or already familiar with it, you’ll learn how to save time, avoid repetition, and make your job easier. Coverage includes:
- Understanding how Active Directory and PowerShell work together
- Learning PowerShell basics—the shell, scripting, cmdlets, and more
- Managing domains, forests, sites, and replication
- Configuring Active Directory dependencies
- Working with Group Policy and other services
- Managing objects and organizational units
- Setting up and automating Active Directory security
- Backing up, recovery, and performance optimization
- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (June 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118027310
- ISBN-13: 978-1118027318