Ubuntu for Non-Geeks: A Pain-Free, Get-Things-Done Guide, 4th Edition
The Ubuntu Linux distribution makes Linux easy, and Ubuntu for Non-Geeks makes it even easier. Full of tips, tricks, and helpful pointers, this pain-free guide is perfect for those interested in—but nervous about—switching to the Linux operating system.
This revised and expanded fourth edition is packed with new material that covers all the latest features of Ubuntu 10.04, Lucid Lynx. It includes five new chapters that take you step-by-step through common tasks like installing and playing games, accessing your favorite social networks, troubleshooting common hardware and software problems, connecting with the Ubuntu community, interacting with your Windows installation, and more.
By following along with the book’s straightforward explanations and step-by-step projects, you’ll learn how to:
- Install Ubuntu and keep it updated
- Set up printers, scanners, USB flash drives, and other hardware
- Install and play free games like Frets on Fire, Frozen Bubble, and Warzone 2100
- Watch DVDs, listen to music, and sync your iPod, iPhone, or other mobile devices
- Edit and share digital photos and videos
- Create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Customize the look and feel of your system
- Work with the command line (or avoid it altogether!)
If you’re looking for a pain-free way to learn Linux, Ubuntu for Non-Geeks is just what you need to get started.
- Paperback: 496 pages
- Publisher: No Starch Press; 4th Edition (July, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 159327257X
- ISBN-13: 978-1593272579