Shell Scripting: Expert Recipes for Linux, Bash and more
A compendium of shell scripting recipes that can immediately be used, adjusted, and applied
The shell is the primary way of communicating with the Unix and Linux systems, providing a direct way to program by automating simple-to-intermediate tasks. With this book, Linux expert Steve Parker shares a collection of shell scripting recipes that can be used as is or easily modified for a variety of environments or situations. The book covers shell programming, with a focus on Linux and the Bash shell; it provides credible, real-world relevance, as well as providing the flexible tools to get started immediately.
- Shares a collection of helpful shell scripting recipes that can immediately be used for various of real-world challenges
- Features recipes for system tools, shell features, and systems administration
- Provides a host of plug and play recipes for to immediately apply and easily modify so the wheel doesn’t have to be reinvented with each challenge faced
Come out of your shell and dive into this collection of tried and tested shell scripting recipes that you can start using right away!
From the Back Cover
Tried-and-true recipes that can be immediately applied or easily adjusted to meet your needs
The shell is the primary way of communicating with Unix and Linux systems, providing a direct way to program by automating simple to intermediate tasks. In this invaluable resource, Unix, Linux, and shell scripting expert Steve Parker shares a collection of shell scripting recipes that can be used as provided or easily modified for a variety of environments and situations. The book begins with coverage of theory and principles, replete with insightful examples of each element discussed. You then move on to an in-depth discussion of shell programming, covering all Unix flavors but with a focus on Linux and the Bash shell. All the while, you explore credible, real-world recipes and the tools necessary to get started immediately.
- Shares a compendium of helpful shell scripting recipes that can be used to address a variety of real-world challenges
- Includes recipes using file and text control as well as general systems administration tasks
- Provides a host of plug-and-play recipes ready for you to immediately apply and easily modify
- Examines variables, if/then conditionals, loops, functions, pipes, redirects, and more
- Paperback: 600 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118024486
- ISBN-13: 978-1118024485
Thank you for the upload!
Is there the epub version of the book?
Thank you very much 🙂