Create a MongoDB cluster that will to grow to meet the needs of your application. With this short and concise book, you’ll get guidelines for setting up and using clusters to store a large volume of data, and learn how to access the data efficiently. In the process, you’ll understand how to make your application work with a distributed database system.
Scaling MongoDB will help you:
- Set up a MongoDB cluster through sharding
- Work with a cluster to query and update data
- Operate, monitor, and backup your cluster
- Plan your application to deal with outages
By following the advice in this book, you’ll be well on your way to building and running an efficient, predictable distributed system using MongoDB.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Welcome to Distributed Computing!
Chapter 2 Understanding Sharding
Chapter 3 Setting Up a Cluster
Chapter 4 Working With a Cluster
Chapter 5 Administration
Chapter 6 Further Reading
- Paperback: 60 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (January, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449303218
- ISBN-13: 978-1449303211