Pro SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Solutions
To get ahead in today’s hyper-competitive marketplace, your business has to take advantage of the data you already have and mine that data to give you new insight, metrics, and clues to what drives successful customer interactions. In Pro SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Solutions, you’ll learn exactly how to unlock that magic, build business intelligence facilities on SharePoint, and glean insights from data to propel your business to the next level.
To understand the various business intelligence offerings in SharePoint 2013, you need to understand the core SQL Server business intelligence concepts, and the first part of the book presents a comprehensive tutorial on those fundamentals. Pro SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Solutions then focuses on specific SharePoint business intelligence investments including:
- Visio Services
- Excel Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Business Connectivity Services
- Power View and PerformancePoint Services
Authors Manpreet Singh, Sha Anandan, Sahil Malik, and Steve Wright walk you through all of this material comprehensively in practical, hands-on format, with plenty of examples to empower you to use these products in your real-life projects.
As compelling as SharePoint and SQL Server business intelligence are together, the challenge always has been finding people who understand both SharePoint and SQL Server well enough to deliver such business intelligence solutions. With this book in hand, you become part of that select group. Get your copy of Pro SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Solutions today!
What you’ll learn
- Understand the fundamentals and framework of business intelligence.
- Learn how to integrate Visio Services, and discover the developer story.
- Practice working with the Secure Store Service.
- Experience authoring and publishing reports using Report Builder and how to re-purpose published reports in Reporting Services.
- Glean practical advice about deploying and developing for Power View and PerformancePoint Services in SharePoint 2013.
- Learn about the advances in Excel Services and PowerPivot, and their application within SharePoint to practical situations.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Business Data Services feature set in SharePoint 2013.
Who this book is for
Pro SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Solutions offers SharePoint developers an essential BI foundation experience and an introduction to SQL Server 2012 tools for business intelligence. This book will also benefit SQL Server developers and administrators who require knowledge of setting up the basic infrastructure on the SharePoint platform for business intelligence.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Business Intelligence Basics
Chapter 2. Visio Services
Chapter 3. Reporting Services
Chapter 4. Business Connectivity Services
Chapter 5. Excel Services
Chapter 6. PerformancePoint Services
- Paperback: 440 pages
- Publisher: Apress (August 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430258934
- ISBN-13: 978-1430258933