Pro C# 5.0 and the .NET 4.5 Framework, 6th Edition
This new edition of Pro C# 5.0 and the .NET 4.5 Platform has been completely revised and rewritten to reflect the latest changes to the C# language specification and new advances in the .NET Framework. You’ll find new chapters covering all the important new features that make .NET 4.5 the most comprehensive release yet, including:
- .NET APIs for Windows 8 style UI apps
- An improved Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF)
- New asynchronous task-based model for async operations
- How HTML5 support is being wrapped into C# web applications
- New programming interfaces for HTTP applications, including improved IPv6 support
- Expanded WPF, WCF and WF libraries giving C# more power than ever before
This comes on top of award winning coverage of core C# features, both old and new, that have made the previous editions of this book so popular (you’ll find everything from generics to pLINQ covered here).
The mission of this text is to provide you with a rock-solid foundation in the C# programming language and the core aspects of the .NET platform (assemblies, remoting, Windows Forms, Web Forms, ADO.NET, XML web services, etc.). Once you digest the information presented in these 25 chapters, you’ll be in a perfect position to apply this knowledge to your specific programming assignments, and you’ll be well equipped to explore the .NET universe on your own terms.
What you’ll learn
- Be the first to understand the .NET 4.5 platform and Visual C# 2012.
- Discover the ins and outs of the leading .NET technology.
- Learn from an award-winning author who has been teaching the .NET world since version 1.0.
- Find complete coverage of XAML, .NET 4.5 and Visual Studio 12 together with discussion of the new Windows Runtime.
Who this book is for
If you’re checking out this book for the first time, do understand that it’s targeted at experienced software professionals or graduate students of computer science (so don’t expect three chapters on iteration or decision constructs!).
It is perfect for anyone who is interested in the new .NET Framework 4.5 and the C# language. Whether you are moving to .NET for the first time or are already writing applications using previous .NET versions, this book will provide you with a comprehensive grounding in the new technology and serve as a complete reference throughout your coding career.
Table of Contents
1. The Philosophy of .NET
2. A Survey of .NET Development Tools
3. Core C# Programming Constructs Part I
4. Core C# Programming Constructs Part II
6. Inheritance and Polymorphism
7. Structured Exception Handling
8. Working with Interfaces
9. Generics and Collections
10. Delegates, Events and Lambda Expressions
11. Advanced C# Language Features
12. LINQ to Objects
13. Understanding Object Lifetime
14. Building and Configuring Class Libraries
15. Reflection, Dynamic Loading, Late Binding, and Attributes
16. The Dynamic Language Runtime
17. Processes and AppDomains
18. CIL and the Role of Dynamic Assemblies
19. Multithreaded and Asynchronous Programming
20. Working with I/O Services and Object Serialization
21. ADO.NET Part I: The Connected Layer
22. ADO.NET Part II: The Disconnected Layer
23. ADO.NET Part III: The Entity Framework
24. LINQ to XML
25. Windows Communication Foundation
26. Windows Workflow Foundation
27. Introducing WPF and XAML
28. The WPF Control Programming Model
29. WPF Graphical Render Services
30. WPF Resources, Animations and Styles
31. WPF Control Templates
32. Introducing ASP.NET Web Forms
33. ASP.NET Web Controls, Master Pages and Themes
34. State Management Techniques
- Paperback: 1560 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 6th Edition (August 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430242337
- ISBN-13: 978-1430242338