Mastering Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
Everything IT professionals need to administer their collaborative environment
SharePoint Foundation 2010 is the newest version of a powerful collaboration tool used in many organizations. This book gets network professionals and business application administrators up to speed on SharePoint Foundation’s features, installation procedures, and administration, preparing them to create powerful collaboration structures for their companies.
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 is the successor to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and both stands alone to enable collaboration, and is the underlying technology of SharePoint Server 2010; this guide prepares IT professionals to install and service SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Designed for experienced server administrators, this book focuses directly on the skills an administrator would need to master SharePoint Foundation 2010 from the ground up
- Covers administration, management, disaster recovery, and migrating from Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to Windows SharePoint Foundation 2010
Packed with insider tips, tricks, and real-world examples to support the instructions, Mastering Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 gets administrators up to speed quickly on this essential technology.
From the Back Cover
Master the Newest Version of This Powerful Collaboration Tool
This in-depth book is a practical, point-by-point guide for IT professionals who are responsible for installing, configuring, managing, or migrating to Windows SharePoint Foundation (SPF) 2010. The exciting successor to Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0, SPF 2010 is the newest version of the powerful collaboration tool and offers many new features. Start here to create effective, efficient, collaborative solutions for your company.
This book provides step-by-step coverage of topics system administrators need to know, including creating and administering sites, site collections, web applications, security, and disaster recovery. Gain insight into using and managing web parts, lists, and libraries, as well as configuring features new to SharePoint Foundation such as business data connectivity and multi-tenancy. Learn the practical steps for migrating from WSS 3.0 to SPF 2010 using STSADM, PowerShell, and more.
- Understanding Windows® SharePoint Foundation 2010–software, hardware, and user interface
- Installing SharePoint Foundation 2010 and configuring services
- Using, modifying, and creating lists
- Setting up libraries for documents, pictures, forms, and wikis
- Document Collaboration, checking documents in and out, versioning, and content approval
- Working with sites, subsites, and workspaces
- Managing security and permissions, site collections, and web applications
- Migrating from WSS 3.0 to SPF 2010
- Monitoring the SharePoint Foundation server to avoid performance failure
- Backing up and restoring SharePoint Foundation, from list to farm
- Prepare and Install Standalone and Server Farm Implementations of SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Create Document Libraries, Shared Calendars, Surveys, Discussions, Workspaces, or Blogs
- Perform Administrative Tasks in Central Administration or with STSADM and PowerShell
- Learn Advanced Configuration Techniques
- Paperback: 1296 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (February 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780470626382
- ISBN-13: 978-0470626382