iPad: The Missing Manual, 5th Edition
Apple’s wildly popular iPad and new iPad Mini come jam-packed with features, like access to your media library from the Web, Siri voice control, and seamless Facebook and Twitter integration. But to tap your iPad’s potential, you need a trustworthy owner’s manual. This bestelling book shows you how to import, create, and play back media; sync and shop wirelessly; keep in touch over the Internet; and even take care of business.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Take your media with you. Fill your iPad with music, photos, movies, TV shows, games, ebooks, and podcasts.
- Tap new features in email. Create VIP and Flagged mailboxes, and insert photos or videos into messages on the fly.
- Get online. Surf at warp speed with the streamlined Safari browser and the iPad’s new ultrafast WiFi connection or 4G LTE network.
- Post to Facebook and Twitter. Update your status right from the iPad’s Camera, Photos, Maps, and Game Center apps.
- Make photos public. Share selected photos over iCloud.
- Find your way with Maps. Get turn-by-turn directions, soar over cityscapes in 3D, and read embedded Yelp reviews.
- Dictate email. Speak email messages and notes and have your iPad type them up.
- Stream with Airplay. Take stunning photos and HD video, and wirelessly beam the results to your big-screen TV.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Set Up Your iPad
Chapter 2. Tour Your Tablet
Chapter 3. Interact with Your iPad
Chapter 4. Get Online
Chapter 5. Surf the Web
Chapter 6. Keep in Touch with Email and Messaging
Chapter 7. Organize Your Life With the iPad’s Apps
Chapter 8. Shop the App Store
Chapter 9. Read iBooks and ePeriodicals
Chapter 10. Play Games
Chapter 11. Get Productive with iWork
Chapter 12. Sync and Share Media Files Using iTunes and iCloud
Chapter 13. Master iTunes On the Desktop
Chapter 14. Manage and Play Music and Other Audio
Chapter 15. Watch, Create, and Edit Videos
Chapter 16. View, Shoot, Edit, and Manage Photos
Chapter 17. Back Up and Sync Your Gadgets with iCloud
Appendix A. iPad Settings
Appendix B. iPad Troubleshooting and Care
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media; 5th Edition (November 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449325564
- ISBN-13: 978-1449325565