Activiti in Action
Activiti in Action is a comprehensive tutorial designed to introduce developers to the world of business process modeling using Activiti. Before diving into the nuts and bolts of Activiti, this book presents a solid introduction to BPMN 2.0 from a developer’s perspective.
Activiti streamlines the implemention of your business processes: with Activiti Designer you draw your business process using BPMN. Its XML output goes to the Activiti Engine which then creates the web forms and performs the communications that implement your process. It’s as simple as that. Activiti is lightweight, integrates seamlessly with standard frameworks, and includes easy-to-use design and management tools.
Activiti in Action introduces developers to business process modeling with Activiti. You’ll start by exploring BPMN 2.0 from a developer’s perspective. Then, you’ll quickly move to examples that show you how to implement processes with Activiti. You’ll dive into key areas of process modeling, including workflow, ESB usage, process monitoring, event handling, business rule engines, and document management integration.
Written for business application developers. Familiarity with Java and BPMN is helpful but not required.
- Activiti from the ground up
- Dozens of real-world examples
- Integrate with standard Java tooling
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introducing BPMN 2.0 and Activiti
1. Introducing the Activiti framework
2. BPMN 2.0: what’s in it for developers?
3. Introducing the Activiti tool stack
4. Working with the Activiti process engine
Part 2: Implementing BPMN 2.0 processes with Activiti
5. Implementing a BPMN 2.0 process
6. Applying advanced BPMN 2.0 and extensions
7. Dealing with error handling
8. Deploying and configuring the Activiti Engine
9. Exploring additional Activiti modules
Part 3: Enhancing BPMN 2.0 processes
10. Implementing advanced workflow
11. Integrating services with a BPMN 2.0 process
12. Ruling the business rule engine
13. Document management using Alfresco
14. Business monitoring and Activiti
Part 4: Managing BPMN 2.0 processes
15. Managing the Activiti Engine
Appendix A. Working with the source code
Appendix B. BPMN 2.0 supported elements in Activiti
- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: Manning Publications (July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1617290122
- ISBN-13: 978-1617290121