What is Dart?
Get ready to build modern web apps. This concise book covers the Dart language, libraries, and tools that help you develop structured, fast, and maintainable web apps that run in any modern browser. The Dart platform has been designed to scale from simple scripts to complex apps, running on both the client and the server. With this book, you can use Dart to architect and develop HTML5 apps for the modern web.
Table of Contents
- Why Did Google Create Dart?
- Does the Web Really Need Another Language?
- Show Me the Code
- How Can I Play with Dart?
- How About a Real Editor?
- What’s New About Dart?
- Why Does Dart Look so Familiar?
- What Is in the Dart Platform?
- Should I Use Dart for My App Today?
- How Do You Expect People to Use Dart?
- What Libraries Are Available?
- Show Me More Code
- Where Can I Learn More?
About the Author
Kathy is a technical writer who’s worked on docs for Chrome and other developer APIs at Google since 2006. Before that, she worked at Sun, NeXT, and HP. Back when the web was young, she wrote the first doc to help developers write Java applets. She also co-created The Java Tutorial and maintained it for a very long time.
Seth is a Developer Advocate with the Chrome team. He is a conference organizer (Aloha on Rails, New Game), author (Expert Spring MVC), helped publish Angry Birds for the web, and is a big fan of HTML5 and the modern web.
- Paperback: 232 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (March 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449316697
- ISBN-13: 978-1449316693