UX for Lean Startups
Great user experiences (UX) are essential for products today, but designing one can be a lengthy and expensive process. With this practical, hands-on book, you’ll learn how to do it faster and smarter using Lean UX techniques. UX expert Laura Klein shows you what it takes to gather valuable input from customers, build something they’ll truly love, and reduce the time it takes to get your product to market.
No prior experience in UX or design is necessary to get started. If you’re an entrepreneur or an innovator, this book puts you right to work with proven tips and tools for researching, identifying, and designing an intuitive, easy-to-use product.
- Determine whether people will buy your product before you build it
- Listen to your customers throughout the product’s lifecycle
- Understand why you should design a test before you design a product
- Get nine tools that are critical to designing your product
- Discern the difference between necessary features and nice-to-haves
- Learn how a Minimum Viable Product affects your UX decisions
- Use A/B testing in conjunction with good UX practices
- Speed up your product development process without sacrificing quality
Table of Contents
Part I: Validation
Chapter 1. Early Validation
Chapter 2. The Right Sort of Research at the Right Time
Chapter 3. Faster User Research
Chapter 4. Qualitative Research Is Great…Except When It’s Terrible
Part II: Design
Chapter 5. Designing for Validation
Chapter 6. Just Enough Design
Chapter 7. Design Hacks
Chapter 8. Diagrams, Sketches, Wireframes, and Prototypes
Chapter 9. An MVP Is Both M & V
Chapter 10. The Right Amount of Visual Design
Part III: Product
Chapter 11. Measure It!
Chapter 12. Go Faster!
Chapter 13. The Big Finish
- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (May 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449334911
- ISBN-13: 978-1449334918