Taking Your OS X Lion to the Max
The Mac has come a long way, and OS X Lion is the best version yet of Apple’s desktop and laptop operating system. Stable, powerful, and versatile, the Mac allows you to do everyday tasks with ease.
Taking Your OS X Lion to the Maxwalks you through the awesome features and apps standard on the Mac and the new OS X 10.7 Lion to help you become a true power user. You’ll discover keyboard shortcuts and gestures to help save time–whether you’re on a iMac, Mac mini, Macbook Pro, Air, or other Mac computer.
Beginning with the core of OS X – the Finder – Taking Your OS X Lion to the Max outlines many of the new features and powerful revisions that make Lion the best version of OS X yet. The authors, all bloggers at The Unofficial Apple Weblog (tuaw.com), spent countless hours with Lion to show you how to fully leverage your Mac and the new OS X. And, have some fun, too!
What you’ll learn:
- Search your Mac in seconds with customizable Spotlight searches
- Send files securely and quickly to others on your Wi-Fi network with AirDrop
- Find a lost or stolen Mac with Find my Mac
- Browse and purchase useful and fun apps from the Mac App Store
- Keep your documents updated and safe through Lion’s AutoSave, Versions, and revised Time Machine capabilities
- Harness the power of Launchpad, Mission Control, and multi-touch gestures to customize your Mac working environment
- Take advantage of conversations, full-screen mode, and search tokens in the revised Mail application
- Make the most of updates to Lion’s other built-in apps, including iCal, Address Book, Photo Booth, FaceTime, Preview, and System Preferences
- Use the powerful and inexpensive Lion Server app to create a shared work or home computing environment
- And more…
Who this book is for:
Taking Your OS X Lion to the Max is your guide to learning how to tame Apple’s Lion for work or pleasure, and a valuable reference for any Mac user.
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Apress (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 143023668X
- ISBN-13: 978-1430236689