Sams Teach Yourself the Twitter API in 24 Hours
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build great new social applications with the latest versions of the Twitter API. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll discover all you can do with the Twitter API, and master everything from the absolute basics to the newest innovations. One step at a time, you’ll learn how to build Twitter clients and extend them with more power… use advanced features like streaming and geotagging… even build mobile Twitter apps for iPhone and Android! Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned resulting in a fully functional Twitter application, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success, even if you’re completely new to Twitter development!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Twitter API programming tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Make the right upfront decisions in planning your application
- Integrate Twitter support into existing sites, services, and applications
- Set up your Twitter development environment
- Make Twitter API calls, handle responses, and develop readers
- Construct dynamic frameworks to efficiently generate and manage multiple API calls
- Build basic clients and extend them to handle more powerful tasks
- Securely access server resources with OAuth
- Use Direct Messages, Lists, Search, and other Twitter API features
- Enable users to control their accounts, establish favorites and friendships, send notifications, and block individuals
- Build location-based, geotagged applications with Twitter’s GEO API
- Give users up-to-the-minute information about the hottest Twitter topics
- Get started with Twitter development for iPhone and Android
- Understand the future of Twitter API development
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Sams (June 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0672331101
- ISBN-13: 978-0672331107