HTML5 Mobile Development Cookbook
How do I create fast and responsive mobile websites that work across a range of platforms? For developers dealing with the proliferation of mobile devices each with unique screen sizes and performance limitations, it is an important question. This cookbook provides the answer. You will learn how to apply the latest HTML5 mobile web features effectively across a range of mobile devices.
HTML5 Mobile Development Cookbook will show you how to plan, build, debug and optimize mobile websites. Apply the latest HTML5 features that are best for mobile, while discovering emerging mobile web features to integrate in your mobile sites.
Build a rock-solid default mobile HTML template and understand mobile user interaction. Make your site fast and responsive, leveraging the uniqueness of location-based mobile features and mobile rich media. Make your mobile website perfect using debugging, performance optimization and server-side tuning. The book finishes with a sneak preview of future mobile web technologies.
What you will learn from this book
- Master the art of mobile web design for multiple platforms.
- Execute best practice guidelines for cross platform development.
- Create fast and responsive mobile websites.
- Debug mobile websites efficiently and effectively.
- Leverage HTML5 multimedia features such as Canvas and SVG for the mobile web.
- Build HTML5 geo-location based applications.
- Take a sneak peek into the exciting world of emerging mobile web technologies such as AJAX 2.
- Integrate your mobile websites with Facebook and Twitter.
The book is written in a cookbook style, presenting examples in the style of recipes, allowing you to go directly to your topic of interest, or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge.
Who this book is for
Developers keen to create HTML5 mobile websites that are fast and responsive across a whole range of mobile devices.
- Paperback: 254 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849691967
- ISBN-13: 978-1849691963