PHP & MySQL: The Missing Manual
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get a running start. Write PHP scripts and create a web form right away.
- Learn the language. Get up to speed on PHP and SQL syntax quickly.
- Build a database. Use MySQL to store user information and other data.
- Make it dynamic. Create pages that change with each new viewing.
- Be ready for mistakes. Plan error messages to help direct users.
- Manage your content. Use the file system to access user data, including images and other binary files.
- Control operations. Create an administrative interface to oversee your site.
Table of Contents
Part I: PHP and MySQL Basics
Chapter 1. PHP: What, Why, and Where?
Chapter 2. PHP Syntax: Weird and Wonderful
Chapter 3. MySQL and SQL: Database and Language
Part II: Dynamic Web Pages
Chapter 4. Connecting PHP to MySQL
Chapter 5. Better Searching with Regular Expressions
Chapter 6. Generating Dynamic Web Pages
Part III: From Web Pages to Web Applications
Chapter 7. When Things Go Wrong (and They Will)
Chapter 8. Handling Images and Complexity
Chapter 9. Binary Objects and Image Loading
Chapter 10. Listing, Iterating, and Administrating
Part IV: Security and the Real World
Chapter 11. Authentication and Authorization
Chapter 12. Cookies, Sign-ins, and Ditching Crummy Pop-ups
Chapter 13. Authorization and Sessions
- Paperback: 498 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media / Pogue Press (November 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0596515863
- ISBN-13: 978-0596515867
I had no chance but to create an account to tell you guys how much I love this site!, I can’t even believe I’ve found this book!, I mean, it’s not even in amazon(yet) and you have it here already!!! thank you very much, keep up the good work! 😀