Oracle Exadata Survival Guide
Oracle Exadata Survival Guide is a hands-on guide for busy Oracle database administrators who are migrating their skill sets to Oracle’s Exadata database appliance. The book covers the concepts behind Exadata, and the available configurations for features such as smart scans, storage indexes, Smart Flash Cache, hybrid columnar compression, and more. You’ll learn about performance metrics and execution plans, and how to optimize SQL running in Oracle’s powerful, new environment. The authors also cover migration from other servers.
Oracle Exadata is fast becoming the standard for large installations such as those running data warehouse, business intelligence, and large-scale OLTP systems. Exadata is like no other platform, and is new ground even for experienced Oracle database administrators. The Oracle Exadata Survival Guide helps you navigate the ins and outs of this new platform, de-mystifying this amazing appliance and its exceptional performance. The book takes a highly practical approach, not diving too deeply into the details, but giving you just the right depth of information to quickly transfer your skills to Oracle’s important new platform.
- Helps transfer your skills to the platform of the future
- Covers the important ground without going too deep
- Takes a practical and hands-on approach to everyday tasks
What you’ll learn
- Learn the components and basic architecture of an Exadata machine
- Reduce data transfer overhead by processing queries in the storage layer
- Examine and take action on Exadata-specific performance metrics
- Deploy Hybrid Columnar Compression to reduce storage and I/O needs
- Create worry-free migrations from existing databases into Exadata
- Understand and address issues specific to ERP migrations
Who this book is for
Oracle Exadata Survival Guide is for the busy enterprise Oracle DBA who has suddenly been thrust into the Exadata arena. Readers should have a sound grasp of traditional Oracle database administration, and be prepared to learn new aspects that are specific to the Exadata appliance.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Exadata Basics
Chapter 2. Smart Scans and Offloading
Chapter 3. Storage Indexes
Chapter 4. Smart Flash Cache
Chapter 5. Parallel Query
Chapter 6. Compression
Chapter 7. Exadata Cell Wait Events
Chapter 8. Measuring Performance
Chapter 9. Storage Cell Monitoring
Chapter 10. Monitoring Exadata
Chapter 11. Storage Reconfiguration
Chapter 12. Migrating Databases to Exadata
Chapter 13. ERP Setup—a Practical Guide
Chapter 14. Final Thoughts
- Paperback: 284 pages
- Publisher: Apress (November 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430260106
- ISBN-13: 978-1430260103
Aww no PDF only epubs ? Please upload PDF too
Thanks. Can you update when pdf version is out?!
PDF version is not yet available. I will update later.
Updated PDF 🙂