Microsoft Windows Server Administration Essentials
The core concepts and technologies you need to administer a Windows Server OS
Administering a Windows operating system (OS) can be a difficult topic to grasp, particularly if you are new to the field of IT. This full-color resource serves as an approachable introduction to understanding how to install a server, the various roles of a server, and how server performance and maintenance impacts a network.
With a special focus placed on the new Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certificate, the straightforward, easy-to-understand tone is ideal for anyone new to computer administration looking to enter the IT field. Each chapter offers a clear and concise look at the core Windows administration concepts you need to know to gain an understanding of these difficult topics.
- Offers a clear, no-nonsense approach to administering a Windows operating system and presents it in such a way that IT beginners will confidently comprehend the subject matter
- Targets the MTA 98-365 exam by covering Windows Server installation, server roles, storage, and active directory infrastructure
- Provides you with a solid foundation of various networking topics so that you can gain a strong understanding of Windows Server administration concepts
- Includes review questions and suggested labs to further enhance your learning process
With this book by your side, you will be armed with the core concepts and technologies needed to administer a Windows Server operating system.
From the Back Cover
Learn Windows Server Administration Quickly and Easily
This full-color guide covers the basics of Microsoft Windows Server administration and prepares you to take the Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-365, Windows Server Administration Fundamentals. You’ll get up to speed on core concepts and technologies, including Active Directory, Group Policy, installation, troubleshooting, storage, and more. Whether you’re preparing for the exam, starting a new career, or just brushing up on the basics, this is the fast and thorough grounding you need.
Learn these Windows Server administration essentials—and more:
- Choosing the right installation option
- Installing Windows Server, on real and virtual machines
- Managing Active Directory and Group Policy
- Exploring application servers and IIS
- Managing remote access technologies
- Tuning, troubleshooting, and maintaining Windows Server
- Deciphering system logs and alerts
- Preparing for MTA Exam 98-365, Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
View full-color images of popular Server administration tools
Practical illustrations help reinforce learning objectives
This striking Essentials book maximizes skill acquisition and knowledge retention with:
- Chapter-opening learning objectives
- Full coverage of all exam topics
- Four-color screenshots and illustrations
- Essentials and Beyond—summaries and additional suggested exercises
- Chapter review questions
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118016866
- ISBN-13: 978-1118016862
Thank you very much, by the way format of the book is just Epub.
Could you provide us with the PDF version please?
I’m sorry. Most of Wiley books are not released PDF version :(.
You should buy a kindle to read anywhere. It’s not expensive.