Microsoft Windows Operating System Essentials
A full-color guide to key Windows 7 administration concepts and topics
Windows 7 is the leading desktop software, yet it can be a difficult concept to grasp, especially for those new to the field of IT. Microsoft Windows Operating System Essentials is an ideal resource for anyone new to computer administration and looking for a career in computers. Delving into areas such as fundamental Windows 7 administration concepts and various desktop OS topics, this full-color book addresses the skills necessary for individuals looking to break into a career in IT.
Each chapter begins with a list of topic areas to be discussed, followed by a clear and concise discussion of the core Windows 7 administration concepts and skills necessary so you can gain a strong understanding of the chapter topic areas. The chapters conclude with review questions and suggested labs, so you can gauge your understanding of the chapter’s contents.
- Offers in-depth coverage of operating system configurations
- Explains how to install and upgrade client systems
- Addresses managing applications and devices
- Helps you understand operating system maintenance
- Covers the topics you need to know for the MTA 98-349 exam
The full-color Microsoft Windows 7 Essentials proves itself to be an invaluable resource on Windows 7 and features additional learning tutorials and tools.
From the Back Cover
Learn Windows Quickly and Easily
This full-color guide covers the basics of the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and prepares you to take the Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals. The book starts with a practical overview, before walking you through such essentials as clean installs versus upgrades, configuration, security, file and device management, Group Policy, and more. Whether you’re preparing for the exam or just brushing up, this is the solid grounding you need to be successful managing Windows Desktop environments.
Learn these Windows networking essentials—and more:
- Windows OS basics—history, architecture, installation
- Using the desktop, gadgets, shortcuts, and the Aero interface
- Viewing configuration settings and managing the Control Panel
- Working with PowerShell navigation and cmdlets
- Using Group Policy and understanding virtualization
- Setting up devices, file sharing, security, and storage
- Handling troubleshooting, backup and recovery, and updates
- Preparing for MTA Exam 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
View full-color images of key Windows 7 features
Practical illustrations help reinforce learning objectives
This striking Essentials book features:
- Chapter-opening learning objectives
- Full coverage of all exam topics
- Four-color screenshots and illustrations
- Essentials and Beyond—summaries and additional suggested exercises
- Chapter review questions
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118195523
- ISBN-13: 978-1118195529
You did a amazing job.