Mastering Autodesk Revit MEP 2012
The best tutorial and reference to provide extensive coverage of Revit MEP
This perfectly paced Autodesk Official Training Guide covers all the core concepts and functionality of Revit MEP, Autodesk’s hot mechanical, engineering, and plumbing software. Hands-on, real-world tutorials reinforce the detailed discussions on a variety of Revit MEP topics, including interface, project setup and templates, worksharing, as well as such mechanical concerns as building loads and ductwork, such electrical concerns as lighting and communications outlets, and such plumbing concerns as fixtures and water systems.
- Serves as the only hands-on reference and tutorial to cover Autodesk Revit MEP in exhaustive detail
- Explores the interface and walks you through creating and using project templates
- Devotes extensive coverage to each aspect of Revit MEP: mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Includes chapters on solid modeling, creating symbols, using parameters, creating equipment, and more
- Shares tips, tricks, and real-world exercises that only professionals who use the software every day can provide
To strengthen the learning experience, readers can download before-and-after tutorial files from the supporting web site so they can jump into any tutorial and immediately compare their work to that of the professionals.
From the Back Cover
The Ultimate BIM Resource for MEP Engineers
This Autodesk Official Training Guide is the detailed reference and tutorial you need to master the powerful Revit MEP building information modeling software. The expert authors combine their considerable mechanical, electrical, and plumbing experience to help you quickly learn the interface and tools, get hands-on practice with real-world projects and tutorials, and master expert techniques and tricks that only pros who use the software on a daily basis know.
You’ll learn how to import and export gbxml (green building xml) files, spec and place mechanical pipes, set up electrical circuits, design plumbing, do solid modeling, and much more.
- Integrating Revit MEP 2012 into workflows, worksharing, and schedules
- Preparing models for analysis and importing/exporting gbxml (green building xml) files
- Using Revit MEP for mechanical design, including HVAC load analysis and designing ductwork and piping
- Using Revit MEP for electrical design, including lighting, power, communications, and circuits
- Using Revit MEP for plumbing design, including water systems, fixtures, sanitary piping, and fire protection
- Managing content, from symbols and annotations to creating devices, adding details, and producing sheets
Master the Interface and Tools of Autodesk Revit MEP 2012
Apply BIM to Your Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing Design Process
Discover Real-World Tips, Tricks, and Techniques from Revit MEP Experts
Learn Best Practices for Setting Up Workflows and Worksharing
Reinforce Your Skills with Real-World Examples and Hands-On Tutorials
- Paperback: 648 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118066812
- ISBN-13: 978-1118066812