Introducing .NET 4.5, 2nd Edition
Microsoft has introduced a large number of changes to the way that the .NET Framework operates. Familiar technologies have being altered, best practices replaced, and developer methodologies adjusted. Many developers find it hard to keep up with the pace of change across .NET’s ever-widening array of technologies. The introduction of Windows 8 and its new style of applications only compounds the problem.
You may know what’s happening in C#, but what about the latest innovations in the cloud? How is that going to affect your work? What possibilities do the new async capabilities bring? What you need is a roadmap. A guide to help you see the innovations that matter and to give you a head start on the opportunities available in the new framework.
Introducing .NET 4.5 is designed to provide you with just that roadmap. It serves as a no-nonsense primer that will help experienced .NET developers understand the impact of the new framework and the technologies that co-exist with it. This book will keep you updated on the changes and help you to seize new opportunities confidently and quickly.
What you’ll learn
- Get an overview and brief history of each new or changing technology that puts it into context
- Understand how .NET and Windows 8 fit together
- Familiarize yourself with key concepts and opportunities through highly accessible tutorials
- Understand how to perform common tasks in new technology areas such as async
- Gain expert performance tips
- See examples of real-world applications of each technology to help you learn how a technology can be put to work
Who this book is for
The book is aimed at existing .NET developers who will be trying to come to grips with .NET 4.5 and Windows 8, which will be changing the way they need to think about creating applications.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to .NET 4.5
- Visual Studio 2012 IDE
- CLR and BCL
- C# 4.5
- ASP.NET 4.5
- ASP.NET MVC 4
- WCF and Web API
- Silverlight 5
- Windows 8 apps
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 2nd Edition (October 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430243325
- ISBN-13: 978-1430243328