Objective-C: Developer Reference
A soup-to-nuts guide on the Objective-C programming language
Objective-C is the language behind Cocoa and Cocoa Touch, which is the Framework of applications written for the Macintosh, iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad platforms. Part of the Developer Reference series covering the hottest Apple topics, this book covers everything from the basics of the C language to advanced aspects of Apple development. You’ll examine Objective-C and high-level subjects of frameworks, threading, networking, and much more.
- Covers the basics of the C language and then quickly moves onto Objective-C and more advanced topics
- Draws from the author’s first-hand experience garnered while developing applications for the Mac and iPhone OS platforms
- Includes chapters on classes, memory management, threads, and the Foundation framework
- Also covers advanced topics like protocols, categories, associated objects, and blocks
Featuring real-life examples drawn from the author’s experience, Objective-C offers an insider look at this amazing programming language.
From the Back Cover
Developers, this book belongs on your desk!
Once you understand Objective-C and object-oriented programming, you can create apps for the hottest devices on the market—Macs, iPhones, and iPads. And with this detailed guide, top Mac developer and author Jiva DeVoe will have you coding in no time, even if you’re a programming newbie. Coverage ranges from a thorough introduction to Objective-C basics to advanced techniques used by professional coders. You’ll learn Objective-C memory management, how frameworks fit together, the tricky business of thread safety, where Xcode fits in, and much more.
- Understand Objective-C syntax, runtimes, and Xcode®—and write your first program
- Create classes, work with properties, and learn about objects
- Use code blocks, threads, KVO, and protocols
- Define and write macros, handle errors, and use frameworks in your projects
- Untangle threads, start using design patterns, and master advanced techniques
- Read and write data with NSCoder
- Write code for Windows®, Linux®, and other platforms
Access the latest information on Apple development
Visit www.wileydevreference.com for the latest on tools and techniques for Apple development, as well as code and project files from the book.
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (February 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470479221
- ISBN-13: 978-0470479223
thanks for the share!