iAd Production: Beginner’s Guide
Think of an iAd as a micro-app contained within an app on a user’s iPhone or iPad that they’ve downloaded from the App Store. When the user taps your advert’s banner it bursts into life filling the entire screen of their device.
iAd Beginner’s Guide takes you through the start to finish process of building rich, compelling, interactive iAds. You will learn to create beautiful multi-page ads with store finders, social sharing, 3D images and video galleries.
What you will learn from this book
- Create full-screen HTML5 banners for the iPad.
- Prepare and optimize your content and media for mobile delivery, so your ads work efficiently and load faster on low-power devices.
- Create ads using Apple’s templates, which give you pre-built functionality in your ad, giving you more time to focus on the visual impact of your brand.
- Preview and test your interactive ads on your iPhone or iPad.
- Effective ways of generating revenue or brand awareness with your ad, using tools like store finders, digital downloads and virtual coupons.
- Create hi-resolution ads for the iPhone’s retina display and the iPad’s large multi-touch screen.
- Submit and track your campaigns with Apple in the iAd Network.
- Incorporate iAd advertisements in your own app to generate additional revenue from your ad.
This beginner’s guide focuses on getting you through all the major learning points in a smooth, logical order. You’ll also see how to avoid some common pitfalls.
Who this book is for
This book is for brands, advertisers and developers who want to create compelling, emotive, iAd advertisements that generate revenue and increase brand awareness. You don’t need previous experience of creating adverts or apps for iPhone and iPad, as you’ll be taken through the entire process to make motion-rich, beautiful ads.
- Paperback: 340 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849691320
- ISBN-13: 978-1849691321