HTML and CSS
A full-color introduction to the basics of HTML and CSS from the publishers of Wrox!
Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. Joining the professional web designers and programmers are new audiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update a content management system or e-commerce store) and those who want to make their personal blogs more attractive. Many books teaching HTML and CSS are dry and only written for those who want to become programmers, which is why this book takes an entirely new approach.
- Introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone—hobbyists, students, and professionals—and it’s full-color throughout
- Utilizes information graphics and lifestyle photography to explain the topics in a simple way that is engaging
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress through the chapters from beginning to end or just dip into topics of particular interest at your leisure
This educational book is one that you will enjoy picking up, reading, then referring back to. It will make you wish other technical topics were presented in such a simple, attractive and engaging way!
From the Back Cover
WELCOME TO A NICER WAY TO LEARN ABOUT HTML & CSS
Whether you want to design and build websites from scratch or take more control over an existing site, this book will help you create attractive, user-friendly web content. We understand that code can be intimidating, but take a look inside and you will see how this guide differs from many traditional programming books.
Each page introduces a new topic in a simple, visual way with straightforward explanations accompanied by bite-sized code samples. You will also find practical help on how to organize and design the pages of your site so that you can create websites that look stunning and are easy to use. No previous experience needed.
This book is for
- Web designers and programmers
- Online editors and content editors
- Marketing & e-commerce managers
- Bloggers and hobbyists
You’ll learn to Write
- HTML and CSS3
- Structure web pages and sites
- Prepare images, audio, and video
- Control typography and layout
- Code examples available online at: http://www.htmlandcssbook.com
- Plus video demos and tutorials
- Bonus reference tools
- Paperback: 512 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118008189
- ISBN-13: 978-1118008188