Head First Android Development
Android devices are stealing market share from the iPhone with dramatic speed, and you have a killer app idea. Where to begin? Head First Android Development will help you get your first application up and running in no time with the Android SDK and Eclipse plug-in. You’ll learn how to design for devices with a variety of different screen sizes and resolutions, along with mastering core programming and design principles that will make your app stand out.
Whether you’re a seasoned iPhone developer who wants to jump into the the Android Market, or someone with previous programming skills but no mobile apps in your resume, this book offers a complete learning experience for creating eye-catching, top-selling Android applications.
You’ll learn how to:
- Install the Android SDK and Eclipse plug-in and get started building apps
- Add buttons, edit text fields, and build your own navigation options in the Android menu
- Customize the look of your app with theming and adding image resources
- Use Android’s content provider mechanism to add images and contact information to an app, and establish permissions for their use
- Work with the Android devices’ camera, GPS, and accelerometer
- Experiment with different Android emulator configurations to simulate different devices with a variety of screen sizes
- Optimize, test, and distribute your application in the Android Market
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First Android Development uses a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.
- Paperback: 608 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449393306
- ISBN-13: 978-1449393304