Get Your Photography on the Web
For today’s photographer, a clean, professional-looking website is a must. But for most, the thought of having a site that displays your work like a pro seems either too expensive or too hard to create. How can you develop an eye-catching website that looks professional, updates quickly, and even helps you make some money in the process when your passion is photography and not coding? It’s easier than you think.
In Get Your Photography on the Web, RC Concepcion, curriculum developer for Kelby Media Group and one of the Photoshop Guys, takes you through an easy step-by-step process so you can build your own site from the ground up and have it look like you paid someone a lot of money to do it for you. Even if you know nothing about Web programming, this book will have you building a website in hours, not weeks.
- How to secure your own domain names and hosting space
- How to install WordPress on your website in as little as seven clicks
- How to add pictures, galleries, and Flash portfolios without learning any code How to sell your images online without having to make a single print
- How to incorporate Lightroom and Flash galleries into an already existing website
You’ll also find interviews and inspirational tips from people you will meet “Along the Way” to making your website. Plus, RC gives you free templates and Flash portfolio components to get you up and running without emptying your wallet.
The techniques RC shares in Get Your Photography on the Web are the very same ones he uses for some of the biggest names in photography—it’s like designing your website with a trusted expert looking over your shoulder. Best of all, you’ll walk away with the satisfaction of knowing that you did it all yourself!
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Peachpit Press (February 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321753933
- ISBN-13: 978-0321753939