Enterprise Software Delivery
Globalization, rapid technology churn, and massive economic shifts have made it more difficult than ever to deliver high-value enterprise software.
In Enterprise Software Delivery, IBM Distinguished Engineer Alan W. Brown guides decision-makers in understanding these new challenges, choosing today’s best solutions, and successfully anticipating future trends.
Alan presents detailed, actionable techniques for building software supply chains that improve agility and innovation while responding to growing cost pressure. Using real-world case studies, he introduces the modern global software factory, demonstrating how to integrate and leverage global outsourced teams, collaborative application lifecycle management, and cloud-based virtual infrastructures.
Drawing on his extensive experience leading IBM Rational software strategy, and consulting with IBM enterprise customers, Alan illuminates everything from software R&D to metrics. Coverage includes
- Understanding recent dramatic changes in enterprise software delivery requirements and practices
- Overcoming false assumptions, outdated data and delivery models, and inexperience with strategy, innovation, education, or research
- Incorporating integrators and partners in centers of excellence that specialize in delivering business value
- Establishing team-based practices that encourage agility, scalability, and quality
- Building adaptive software factories that integrate real-time feedback and respond rapidly to change
- Using virtualized collaborative infrastructure to connect worldwide teams for developing software, assembling solutions, and delivering results
- Transcending barriers related to geography, organization, skills, and culture
If you’re an enterprise software leader, strategist, or practitioner, this book can help you improve every facet of performance you care about, including agility, quality, predictability, innovation, and value.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Why Is Enterprise Software Delivery So Difficult?
Chapter 2. Anatomy of an Enterprise Software Delivery Project
Chapter 3. The Software Supply Chain and Software Factories
Chapter 4. Collaborative Software Delivery
Chapter 5. Agile Software Delivery
Chapter 6. Software Quality
Chapter 7. Governance, Measurement, and Metrics
Chapter 8. A Case Study in Agile- at- Scale Adoption at Danske Bank
Chapter 9. A Case Study in Global Software Product Delivery at IBM Rational
Chapter 10. Lessons for Success in Global Enterprise Software Delivery
Chapter 11. The Future of Global Enterprise Software Delivery
Appendix A. Enterprise Software Delivery Revisited
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional (June 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321803019
- ISBN-13: 978-0321803016