Designing Great Data Products
In the past few years, we’ve seen many data products based on predictive modeling. These products range from weather forecasting to recommendation engines like Amazon’s. Prediction technology can be interesting and mathematically elegant, but we need to take the next step: going from recommendations to products that can produce optimal strategies for meeting concrete business objectives.
We already know how to build these products: they’ve been in use for the past decade or so, but they’re not as common as they should be. This report shows how to take the next step: to go from simple predictions and recommendations to a new generation of data products with the potential to revolutionize entire industries.
Table of Contents
- Objective-based data products
- The Model Assembly Line: A case study of Optimal Decisions Group
- Drivetrain Approach to recommender systems
- Optimizing lifetime customer value
- Best practices from physical data products
- The future for data products
- Paperback: ? pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (March 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449333672
- ISBN-13: 978-1449333676