Beginning C# Object-Oriented Programming
Beginning C# Object-Oriented Programming brings you into the modern world of development as you master the fundamentals of programming with C# and learn to develop efficient, reusable, elegant code through the object-oriented programming (OOP) methodology. Take your skills out of the 20th century and into this one with Dan Clark’s accessible, quick-paced guide to C# and object-oriented programming, completely updated for .NET 4.0 and C# 4.0.
As you develop techniques and best practices for coding in C#, one of the world’s most popular contemporary languages, you’ll experience modeling a “real world” application through a case study, allowing you to see how both C# and OOP (a methodology you can use with any number of languages) come together to make your code reusable, modern, and efficient.
With more than 30 fully hands-on activities, you’ll discover how to transform a simple model of an application into a fully-functional C# project, including designing the user interface, implementing the business logic, and integrating with a relational database for data storage. Along the way, you will explore the .NET Framework, the creation of a Windows-based user interface, a web-based user interface, and service-oriented programming, all using Microsoft’s industry-leading Visual Studio 2010, C#, Silverlight, the Entity Framework, and more.
What you’ll learn
- Learn to use the Universal Modeling Language (UML) to quickly design an application correctly from the first time
- Understand object-oriented programming principles and how they benefit your work in today’s dual Web- and Windows-based world
- Integrate OOP fundamentals when developing code in C#
- Discover the .NET Framework and how it can help you create applications quickly and efficiently
- Walk along as the author develops a complete Windows- and Web-based application using the techniques and best practices covered inside
Who this book is for
- If you’re a beginning C# programmer who wants to gain a foundation in object-oriented programming along with the C# language basics, this book is for you.
- Programmers transitioning from a procedure-oriented programming model to an object-oriented model will also find many practical suggestions and walkthroughs inside.
- In particular, Visual Basic developers who want to transition to C# programming, but lack a firm grasp of object-oriented programming principles, will find this book an excellent starting point for their journey into C#.
The book includes a primer in Appendix A that discusses some fundamental procedural programming concepts.
Table of Contents
- Overview of Object-Oriented Programming
- Designing OOP Solutions: Identifying the Class Structure
- Designing OOP Solutions: Modeling the Object Interaction
- Designing OOP Solutions: A Case Study
- Introducing the .NET Framework and Visual Studio
- Creating Classes
- Creating Class Hierarchies
- Implementing Object Collaboration
- Working with Collections
- Implementing the Data Access Layer
- Developing Windows Applications
- Developing Web Applications
- Developing and Consuming WCF Services
- Developing the OSO Application
- Wrapping Up
- Fundamental Programming Concepts
- Exception Handling in C#
- Installing the Required Software
- Paperback: 378 pages
- Publisher: Apress (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430235306
- ISBN-13: 978-1430235309
Aeally a great site! I was looking forward to have this ebook!