Beginning C# Object-Oriented Programming, 2nd Edition
Learn C# with Beginning C# Object-Oriented Programming and you’ll be thinking about program design in the right way from day one. Whether you want to work with .NET for the web or desktop, or for Windows 8 on any device, Dan Clark’s accessible, quick-paced guide will give you the foundation you need for a successful future in C# programming.
In this book you will:
- Master the fundamentals of object-oriented programming
- Work through a case study to see how C# and OOP work in a real-world application
- Develop techniques and best practices that lead to efficient, reusable, elegant code
- Discover how to transform a simple model of an application into a fully-functional C# project.
With more than 30 fully hands-on activities, Beginning C# Object-Oriented Programming teaches you how to design a user interface, implement your business logic, and integrate your application with a relational database for data storage. Along the way, you will explore the .NET Framework, ASP.NET and WinRT. In addition, you will develop desktop, mobile and web-based user interfaces, and service-oriented programming skills, all using Microsoft’s industry-leading Visual Studio 2012, C#, the Entity Framework, and more. Read this book and let Dan Clark guide you in your journey to becoming a confident C# programmer.
What you’ll learn
- Lay the foundations of great C# programming by understanding object-oriented programming (OOP) principles.
- Understand how OOP can be applied across desktop, web and mobile worlds in Windows today.
- Learn to use the Universal Modeling Language (UML) to quickly design an application correctly from the first attempt.
- Discover the .NET Framework, ASP.NET and WinRT and how they can help you create applications quickly and efficiently.
- Walk along as the author guides you through a final challenge, to develop a complete application using a wide range of the techniques and best practices covered inside.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Overview of Object-Oriented Programming
Chapter 2. Designing OOP Solutions: Identifying the Class Structure
Chapter 3. Designing OOP Solutions: Modeling the Object Interaction
Chapter 4. Designing OOP Solutions: A Case Study
Chapter 5. Introducing the .NET Framework and Visual Studio
Chapter 6. Creating Classes
Chapter 7. Creating Class Hierarchies
Chapter 8. Implementing Object Collaboration
Chapter 9. Working with Collections
Chapter 10. Implementing the Data Access Layer
Chapter 11. Developing WPF Applications
Chapter 12. Developing Web Applications
Chapter 13. Developing Windows Store Applications
Chapter 14. Developing and Consuming Web Services
Chapter 15. Developing the Office Supply Ordering Application
Chapter 16. Wrapping Up
Appendix A. Fundamental Programming Concepts
Appendix B. Exception Handling in C#
Appendix C. Installing the Required Software
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 2nd Edition (April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430249358
- ISBN-13: 978-1430249351