Vaadin 7 UI Design By Example: Beginner’s Guide
Vaadin 7 UI Design By Example: Beginner’s Guide is an engaging guide that will teach you how to develop web applications in minutes. With this book, you will Develop useful applications and learn basics of Java web development. By the end of the book you will be able to build Java web applications that look fantastic.
The book begins with simple examples using the most common Vaadin UI components and quickly move towards more complex applications as components are introduced chapter-by-chapter.
Vaadin 7 UI Design By Example: Beginner’s Guide shows you how to use Eclipse, Netbeans, and Maven to create Vaadin projects. It then demonstrates how to use labels, text fields, buttons, and other input components. Once you get a grasp of the basic usage of Vaadin, the book explains Vaadin theory to prepare you for the rest of the trip that will enhance your knowledge of Vaadin UI components and customization techniques.
What you will learn from this book
- Create Vaadin applications using Eclipse, Netbeans, and Maven
- Use input components such as text fields, buttons, combo boxes, check boxes, and more
- Use layouts, panels, and windows to arrange UI components
- Incorporate navigation capabilities to Vaadin applications
- Use tables and trees to present complex data
- Use advanced components such as progress indicators, context menus, sliders, and drag-and-drop capabilities
- Include custom HTML, Flash, and other web content in Vaadin applications
- Customize UI components by using CSS
- Develop your own components
This book is a hands-on Beginner’s Guide for developers who are new to Vaadin and/or Vaadin UI components. The book will teach readers through examples to use each of the exciting components to build and add various aspects of the user interface to their web apps.
Who this book is written for
- Paperback: 246 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782162267
- ISBN-13: 978-1782162261