TestNG: Beginner’s Guide
Unit/Functional testing has now become part of every development life cycle. Junit was once the main framework that was used by developers for the purpose of Unit testing when it came to Java. But Junit had certain limitations in terms of execution and features. This book explains about the features and usage of TestNg, a new framework that overcomes Junit’s limitations and provides a lot of extra features.
TestNg Beginner’s Guide is a practical, hands-on guide that aims to increase your knowledge of TestNg. This step-by-step guide will help you to learn and understand the different TestNg features, and you will learn about the advantages and how to use and configure each feature according to your needs.
This book explains the various features of the TestNG testing framework. It provides a step-by-step guide that explains the different features with practical examples and sample programs.You will also learn about how to use and configure each feature based on different test scenarios. We will also take a look at extending TestNG to add custom logging and test-reports. If you are a beginner in TestNG or test frameworks, then this book will help you in learning, practising, and getting started with TestNg.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn about TestNG and its advantages over other frameworks
- Configure/write test-suites in TestNG
- Learn about different Before/After annotations and how to use each one of them
- Pass values to your tests at runtime and make Data-driven tests
- Run tests in parallel
- Define and configure test-suites at runtime
- Extend TestNG to handle test-execution and generate custom reports.
- Include and exclude tests based on the search criteria to your test-suite
This book is written in a friendly, beginner’s guide style with plenty of step-by-step instructions with appropriate examples.
Who this book is written for
This book is great for developers and testers who are new to TestNg and want to learn how to use TestNG for writing their application as well as functional tests. This book assumes that you have experience in Java and OOPs concepts and have worked with certain IDE.
- Paperback: 276 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782166009
- ISBN-13: 978-1782166009