Sage ACT! 2012 Cookbook
Sage ACT! is a top-selling CRM application that helps businesses to organize contact information, calendars and notes, and ultimately maximize contact relationships in one centralized database to optimize business efficiency and profitability. Recent versions have included the addition of powerful new CRM tools designed to increase the productivity of your business and its sales force.
This cookbook is full of immediately applicable recipes covering ACT! 2012, with a particular emphasis on advanced features in the new release. Many recipes will be relevant to users of ACT! who have not upgraded since 2009, 2010, or 2011 as many advanced features originate from these releases. The content will familiarize you with the new Start Up options and a new design to better navigate the product. You will also learn to use ACT!’s E-Marketing and Opportunity features so that you will be able to easily build your business and keep track of your profits.
This practical cookbook provides numerous recipes that will take you from being an ACT! novice to a CRM pro in no time, as you learn to utilize all of the advanced functionality of ACT! 2012 added in the most recent ACT! versions.
The recipes begin by covering the most basic elements of opening an ACT! database, and advance to include several recipes that will guide you through powerful CRM functionality including creating E-Marketing Campaigns and sending them off to specific segments of your database. If you have information in your ACT! database, you need to be able to use it quickly and logically—this book will help you do just that.
Take full advantage of the new advanced capabilities of ACT! 2012 for organizing your customer contact information into a powerful CRM database.
What you will learn from this book :
- Get up and running with the ACT! Welcome page and Navigation Bar
- Gain the knowledge to relate all of your business contacts
- Integrate your ACT! database with Google, as well as social networking sites like Facebook and Linkedin
- Segment your database into Dynamic Groups
- Learn how to create Company records for your larger accounts
- Monitor the progress of your sales force by creating Opportunities
- Fully integrate ACT! with Microsoft Outlook
- Learn how to perform routine database maintenance
- Utilize ACT!’s E-Marketing campaign features by creating an HTML campaign
- Take advantage of ACT! Smart Tasks to automate routine CRM tasks
- Get acquainted with using the new ACT! Scratch Pad
- Learn to work with the various ACT! queries
This is an advanced cookbook of easy-to-follow recipes about ACT! 2012 designed to transform you into an ACT! Power User.
Who this book is written for
If you are an ACT! end user who wants to learn about the advanced functionality of ACT! 2012, then this book is for you. It will also be useful if you are a 2009,2010 or 2011 user, as many advanced features originate from these ACT! versions. If you are an ACT! administrator who needs to administer an ACT! database or understand Outlook integration, you will also find this book helpful.
No prior ACT! knowledge is necessarily required; however, you’ll find it helpful to have good working knowledge of how to add data into ACT!, or to work with an ACT! database that has already been populated with data.
- Paperback: 284 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184968250X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682503