QuickBooks 2012: The Missing Manual
Your bookkeeping workflow will be smoother and faster with QuickBooks 2012—but only if you spend more time using the program than figuring out how it works. This book puts you in control: you get step-by-step instructions on how and when to use specific features, along with basic accounting advice to guide you through the learning process.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get started. Set up your accounts, customers, jobs, and invoice items quickly.
- Manage your business. Track spending, income, invoices, inventory, and payroll.
- Spend less time on bookkeeping. Use QuickBooks to create invoices or timesheets in batches.
- Follow the money. Examine everything from billable time and expenses to year-end tasks.
- Find key info quickly. Rely on QuickBooks’ vendor, customer, inventory, and employee centers.
- Exchange data with other programs. Move data between QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Creating a Company File
Chapter 2 Getting Around in QuickBooks
Chapter 3 Setting Up a Chart of Accounts
Chapter 4 Setting Up Customers, Jobs, and Vendors
Chapter 5 Setting Up Items
Chapter 6 Setting Up Other QuickBooks Lists
Chapter 7 Managing QuickBooks Files
Chapter 8 Tracking Time and Mileage
Chapter 9 Paying for Expenses
Chapter 10 Invoicing
Chapter 11 Producing Statements
Chapter 12 Transaction Timesavers
Chapter 13 Managing Accounts Receivable
Chapter 14 Doing Payroll
Chapter 15 Bank Accounts and Petty Cash
Chapter 16 Making Journal Entries
Chapter 17 Generating Financial Statements
Chapter 18 Performing End-of-Year Tasks
Chapter 19 Managing Inventory
Chapter 20 Budgeting and Planning
Chapter 21 Working with Reports
Chapter 22 Online Banking Services
Chapter 23 Configuring Preferences to Fit Your Company
Chapter 24 Integrating QuickBooks with Other Programs
Chapter 25 Customizing QuickBooks
Chapter 26 Keeping Your QuickBooks Data Secure
Appendix Installing QuickBooks
Appendix Help, Support, and Other Resources
- Paperback: 760 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media / Pogue Press (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449398510
- ISBN-13: 978-1449398514