Professional Team Foundation Server 2010
Authoritative guide to TFS 2010 from a dream team of Microsoft insiders and MVPs!
Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) has evolved until it is now an essential tool for Microsoft?s Application Lifestyle Management suite of productivity tools, enabling collaboration within and among software development teams. By 2011, TFS will replace Microsoft?s leading source control system, VisualSourceSafe, resulting in an even greater demand for information about it. Professional Team Foundation Server 2010, written by an accomplished team of Microsoft insiders and Microsoft MVPs, provides the thorough, step-by-step instruction you need to use TFS 2010 efficiently?so you can more effectively manage and deliver software products in an enterprise.
- Provides a broad overview of Team Foundation Server for developers, software project managers, testers, business analysts, and others wanting to?learn how to use TFS
- Gives TFS administrators the tools they need to efficiently monitor and manage the TFS environment
- Covers core TFS functions including project management, work item tracking, version control, test case management, build automation, reporting, and more??
- Explains extensibility options and how to write extensions for TFS 2010
- Helps certification candidates prepare for the Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 certification exam (Exam 70-512)
The clear, programmer-to-programmer Wrox style of Professional Team Foundation Server 2010 will soon have you thoroughly up to speed.
From the Back Cover
Effectively manage and deliver software projects with TFS
Team Foundation Server (TFS) has undergone a complete overhaul as the central tool in Microsoft’s Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) portfolio. This book addresses the many changes that have taken place since the 2005 version of TFS and provides an in-depth look at how these changes can work to your advantage. The team of authors reviews what’s new in TFS 2010, including its ease of configuration and installation, a new platform for testing, work item tracking and usability, and helpful new tools to manage project plans. Packed with detailed coverage, this book arms you with the information you need to effectively manage and deliver software projects with TFS.
Professional Team Foundation Server 2010:
- Walks you through planning and installing a TFS deployment
- Features a comprehensive overview of version control
- Discusses migrating from legacy version control systems,including Visual SourceSafe
- Reviews how to automate and customize the build process
- Discusses project management and testing tools
- Reviews administering a TFS environment, including creating a backup plan, handling disaster recovery, and monitoring server health and performance
- Prepares you for taking the TFS 2010 Microsoft Certification Exam (70-512)
- Paperback: 720 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (March, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470943327
- ISBN-13: 978-0470943328