Professional Cross-Platform Mobile Development in C#
Develop mobile enterprise applications in a language you already know!With employees, rather than the IT department, now driving the decision of which devices to use on the job, many companies are scrambling to integrate enterprise applications. Fortunately, enterprise developers can now create apps for all major mobile devices using C#/.NET and Mono, languages most already know. A team of authors draws on their vast experiences to teach you how to create cross-platform mobile applications, while delivering the same functionality to PC’s, laptops and the web from a single technology platform and code-base. Rather than reinventing the wheel with each app, this book provides you with the tools you need for cross-platform development–no new languages needed!
- Presents an overview of the sea change occurring with the use of enterprise mobile applications and what it means for developers
- Shares the criteria for evaluating and selecting the best option for application architecture
- Reviews tools and techniques for setting up a cross-platform development environment
- Offers an introduction to the MonoCross open-source project and pattern for cross-platform development
Packed with specific software design patterns, development best practices, code examples and sample applications, this must-have book gets you started developing cross-platform mobile apps today.
From the Back Cover
All the tools you need to build cross-platform mobile applications in .NET/C# and Mono
Assuming no experience with mobile development, this book provides the fundamentals for building enterprise mobile applications in .NET/C# and Mono that can be delivered on all the major mobile platforms in the market today. The team of authors explains the technical considerations for building mobile apps while also addressing security and deployment needs. The featured real-world examples, best practices, and proven techniques round out the essentials of cross-platform mobile development and help give you an edge over your competition.
Professional Cross-Platform Mobile Development in C#:
- Demonstrates how to build applications that share code on the iPad®, iPhone®, Android, Windows® Phone, and mobile web
- Suggests helpful questions to ask when deciding whether to build for the mobile web and native platforms or to use a hybrid approach
- Covers the design and prototyping techniques necessary for taking advantage of interfaces and form-factors available on modern mobile devices
- Examines mobile data services design and consumption, data synchronization, device utilities, device functionality, and hybrid development techniques
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118157702
- ISBN-13: 978-1118157701