Practical Spring LDAP
Practical Spring LDAP is your guide to developing Java-based enterprise applications using the Spring LDAP Framework. This book explains the purpose and fundamental concepts of LDAP before giving a comprehensive tour of the latest version, Spring LDAP 1.3.2. It provides a detailed treatment of LDAP controls and the new features of Spring LDAP 1.3.2 such as Object Directory Mapping and LDIF parsing.
Additionally, the book focuses on the practical aspects of unit and integration testing LDAP code. Filled with real-world code examples, this book is a must for any Java developer working with LDAP.
LDAP has become the de-facto standard for storing and accessing information in enterprises. Despite its widespread adoption, developers often struggle when it comes to using this technology effectively. The traditional JNDI approach has proven to be painful and has resulted in complex, less modular applications. The Spring LDAP Framework provides an ideal alternative.
What you’ll learn
- A simpler approach to developing enterprise applications with Spring LDAP
- Clear, working code samples with unit/integration tests
- Advanced features such as transactions and connection pooling
- A deeper look at LDAP search and out of the box filters supplied by the framework
- New features such as Object Directory Mapping and LDIF parsing
- Detailed treatment of search controls and paged result implementation
- Helpful tips that can save time and frustration
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for anyone with Java and Spring development experience who wants to master the intricacies of Spring LDAP.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to LDAP
Chapter 2. Java Support for LDAP
Chapter 3. Introducing Spring LDAP
Chapter 4. Testing LDAP Code
Chapter 5. Advanced Spring LDAP
Chapter 6. Searching LDAP
Chapter 7. Sorting and Paging Results
Chapter 8. Object-Directory Mapping
Chapter 9. LDAP Transactions
Chapter 10. Odds and Ends
- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: Apress (October 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430263970
- ISBN-13: 978-1430263975