PHPList 2 E-mail Campaign Manager
Tired of an e-mail BCC list that scrolls off the page, or fiddly and hard-to-manage bulk mailing systems? You need phpList – a high-powered, robust, feature-packed mailing system that will get out of your way and get the job done! You want to know more about phpList?
phpList is a popular open source e-mail campaign manager, sporting a powerful web frontend, rich message editor, and an advanced feature set.
phpList 2 E-mail Campaign Manager will guide you from basic installation and setup through management, reporting, and automation of phpList, the world’s most popular open source e-mail campaign manager. It also covers advanced customization and configuration of phpList.
We start with a basic configuration, and finish with a full-featured e-mail management engine. You will work your way up from basic installation to advanced topics such as bounce automation, user and click-through tracking, and integration with third-party tools such as WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, and Blogger.
Advanced topics such as securing your installation against spammers, attacks, and vulnerabilities are covered, as well as additional advanced and experimental features offered by phpList.
This book is an invaluable guide for any e-mail publisher who wants a robust and powerful engine to manage their small-to-huge e-mail distribution empire.
This book is a step-by-step, in-depth guide to the features and usage of the world’s most popular open source e-mail campaign manager, phpList.
What you will learn from this book:
- Install and set up phpList on your web hosting platform
- Integrate subscription with third-party publishing platforms
- Configure intelligent bounce handling
- Integrate membership and features with Joomla!, Drupal, WordPress, and Blogger
- Automate list management and bounce processing
- Gain insight with user and click tracking reports
- Leverage advanced features for greater flexibility and results
- Secure phpList from attacks and future vulnerabilities
- Troubleshoot common issues
- Avoid dealing with spammers by implementing CAPTCHAs
This is a step-by-step comprehensive tutorial with plenty of screenshots for easier and quicker learning and real-world examples for good pickup.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at content creators and distributors who want to up their game to a full e-mail distribution engine.
Further, it will certainly appeal to you if you are technically inclined and would rather roll your own system than use an off-the-shelf product.
You are assumed to be familiar with the basic concepts of e-mail, editing text files, and managing remote files with FTP / SFTP.
Advanced topics will teach you to get your hands dirty in some of phpList’s open-source code.
- Paperback: 236 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849511047
- ISBN-13: 978-1849511049