Oracle SOA Suite 11g Administrator’s Handbook
This book provides detailed explanations of all the core administrative and management activities around Oracle SOA Suite. It includes compact information for end-to-end administration of Oracle SOA Suite 11g. It delves into advanced topics such as silent installs, cloning, backup and recovery and high availability installations.
Using this book, you will be able to administer and secure your Oracle SOA Suite services and applications. You will follow examples that you can use in your everyday life as a SOA Suite administrator.
The book begins with managing composite applications, their deployments and lifecycles and then moves on to monitoring instances, service engines, Weblogic Server and composite applications..
With a detailed coverage of topics like the administration of individual service components as well as configuring MBeans using both Oracle Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control and WLST-based scripts, you will be equipped to work with any services and applications.
Towards the end, you will be taken through identifying faults & exceptions, troubleshooting approaches, and securing various components.
What will you learn from this book
- Managing Composite Lifecycle on the Service Infrastructure
- Automating Composite Deployments and Promoting Code using Configuration Plans
- Monitoring Composite Instances, Service Components and Engines
- Performance Tuning the Service Infrastructure and Dehydration Store Database
- Administering Service Components, Engines and Adapters
- Using WLST for Performance Tuning and Administration
- Troubleshooting Exceptions in Oracle SOA Suite 11g
- Configuring and Managing Security Policies using OWSM
- Managing MDS repository and Database Growth
- Backing up and recovering your environment
- Patching, Upgrading and Scripting Installations
The book explains core concepts while providing real world implementation specifics, detailing the administration-related activities with Oracle SOA Suite 11g with a step-by-step approach using real-world examples.
The authors demonstrate the use of WLST scripts that administrators can reuse and extend to perform most administration tasks such as deployments, tuning, migration, and installation.
Who this book is written for
If you are an Oracle SOA Suite administrator, WebLogic Server administrator, Database administrator, or developer that needs to administer and secure your Oracle SOA Suite services and applications, then this book is for you. Basic knowledge of Oracle SOA Suite Administration is beneficial, but not necessary.
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849686084
- ISBN-13: 978-1849686082