Open Text Metastorm ProVision 6.2 Strategy Implementation
Open Text ProVision® (formerly known as Metastorm ProVision®) is an Enterprise Architecture (EA) solution allowing for effective planning and decision making throughout the enterprise. It enables an organization to have a central repository of information about the business, reducing organizational risks and better optimizing business resources.
Implemented well, it enables better and more actionable decisions exactly when you need them.
This book combines theory and practice to provide a step- by- step guide to building a successful customer- centric model of your business. The approach is simple and down to earth, and along the way, with various real-world examples, you will learn how to make a business case, use a framework, and adopt a methodology with Open Text ProVision®.
This book draws on the experience of ProVision® experts around the world. By combining theory with practice from the field you can avoid common mistakes and develop a successful customer centric strategy for implementing ProVision®. Each chapter builds on the previous one to give you the confidence to implement a central repository, dealing with both the technical and human issues that you might face.
Learn from real world business cases to think beyond the technical aspects of strategy implementation and enable better business decisions with Open Text ProVision®.
What you will learn from this book :
- Quickly get up and running with the key features of the Open Text ProVision® toolset
- Fully understand and communicate the key benefits of Open Text ProVision®
- Discover how to manage the repository with effective governance
- Master the essential foundation of your first five projects with ProVision®
- Take full advantage of a framework to organize information and review a methodology for building models
- Learn about the Enterprise Designer approach
- Obtain support and buy-in for modeling
- Grasp Metastorm best practices from real-world users of the tool
- Learn to deal with both the technical and human aspects of implementation
- Understand why a customer-centric approach is the most successful
- Effectively deploy a ProVision® strategy
This is both a practical and theoretical guide detailing how to deploy a successful ProVision® strategy, using a number of real business cases along the way. Unlike other architecture books, the approach is holistic – it looks at the whole lifecycle of building a business case, through to using the product. It combines a detailed understanding of the ProVision® toolset with a practical grasp of the business issues that affect the implementation of a successful strategy.
Who this book is written for
If you are a business architect or CIO in a large organization who wants to implement a successful strategy using Open Text ProVision®, then this book is for you. It will also be of interest if you are an enterprise designer or architect. It might be that you already have working knowledge of ProVision®, but do not yet have the skill to implement it in the right context; this book will help you get there.
- Paperback: 260 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682526
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682527