Opa Application Development
Opa Application Development is a practical,hands-on guide that provides you with a number of step-by-step exercises. It covers almost all aspects of developing a web application with Opa, which will help you take advantage of the real power of Opa, as well as building a secure, powerful web application rapidly.
Opa Application Development dives into all concepts and components required to build a web application with Opa. The first half of this book shows you all of the basic building blocks that you will need to develop an Opa application, including the syntax of Opa, web development aspects, client and server communication and slicing, plugin, database, and so on. By the end of the book you will have yourself created a complete web application along with a game: Pacman!
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Opa development environment
- Develop a web application, manipulate DOM and CSS.
- Use bootstrap in Opa, including classes, icons and widgets.
- Slice client and server code.
- Store, update and query data in database with MongoDB as the backend.
- Build a chat application, LiveRoom application in Opa.
- Handle image and audio with canvas to build a Pacman game
Who this book is for
If you are a web developer who wants to get started with the Opa framework and build web applications with it? Then this book is for you. Web development experience is assumed and would be helpful.
- Paperback: 116 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (June 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782163743
- ISBN-13: 978-1782163749