Office 2013 For Dummies
Office 2013 For Dummies is the key to your brand new Office!
Packed with straightforward, friendly instruction, this update to one of the bestselling Office books of all time gets you thoroughly up to speed and helps you learn how to take full advantage of the new features in Office 2013. After coverage of the fundamentals, you’ll discover how to spice up your Word documents, edit Excel spreadsheets and create formulas, add pizazz to your PowerPoint presentation, and much more.
- Helps you harness the power of all five Office 2013 applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- Discusses typing and formatting text in Word and easy ways to dress up your documents with color, graphics, and more
- Demonstrates navigating and editing an Excel spreadsheet, creating formulas, and charting and analyzing Excel data
- Walks you through creating a PowerPoint presentation and adding some punch with color, sound, pictures, and videos
- Explores Outlook, including configuring e-mail, storing contacts, organizing tasks, scheduling your time, and setting appointments
- Delves into designing Access databases, including editing, modifying, searching, sorting, and querying; also covers viewing and printing reports, and more
The fun and friendly approach of Office 2013 For Dummies makes doing Office work easy and efficient!
From the Back Cover
- Use Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Outlook®, and Access®
- Build spreadsheets, crunch numbers, and format charts
- Configure e-mail settings, manage your calendar, and create Access databases
- Add flair to your documents and create powerful presentations
Get to know your Office, express your creativity, and get things done!
Take control of your Office and boost your productivity. This helpful guide walks you step-by-step through the various parts of the Office suite. Get your point across with Word, build spreadsheets with Excel, prepare persuasive presentations with PowerPoint, manage e-mail with Outlook, and organize your data with Access — quickly and easily.
- Step into your new Office — explore the main features of Office 2013, create and edit files, and learn how to navigate around the Ribbon
- Express yourself — start writing in Word and add pizzazz to your documents with formatting, templates, tables, and cool graphics
- Dive into the world of numbers — get up to speed on Excel and start crunching those figures in order to effectively analyze and present your data
- Presentation power — create slide shows that captivate your audience by punching up your presentations with charts, graphics, and narration
- Get organized and stay connected — find out how to better manage your e-mail, keep track of your appointments, save your contacts, and much more
- Database delight — design a database with Access in order to store, sort, retrieve, and analyze important data
Open the book and find:
- Steps for entering, modifying, and saving data
- Tips for working with the Ribbon interface
- Ways to enhance Word documents with templates and graphics
- How to design presentations that impress
- Methods for crunching data in Excel to uncover key information
- Details about storing contacts and scheduling appointments
- Shortcuts and other secrets to boost your productivity
- Advice on customizing Office 2013 for your needs
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies (February 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118497155
- ISBN-13: 978-1118497159