Next Generation Wireless Applications, 2nd Edition
“Cuts through the hype! Golding’s compelling offers visionary, but practical insights. A “must have” reference treatment for all practitioners in the mobile innovation space.”
—Jag Minhas, Telefónica O2 Europe
Second edition of this best-selling guide to Wireless Applications: fully revised, updated and with brand new material!
In Next Generation Wireless Applications, Second Edition, the author establishes a picture of the entire mobile application ecosystem, and explains how it all fits together.
This edition builds upon the successes of the first edition by offering an up-to-date holistic guide to mobile application development, including an assessment of the applicability of new mobile applications, and an exploration into the developments in a number of areas such as Web 2.0, 3G, Mobile TV, J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition) and many more.
Key features of this second edition include:
- New introductory chapters on trends in mobile application, and on becoming an Operator.
- Two new chapters on Mobile 2.0 and IMS and Mobilizing Media and TV.
- Best practice on how to present to, sell to and work with operators.
- More insights, anecdotes and sidebars reflecting the author’s extensive experience in the industry.
Next Generation Wireless Applications will prove essential reading for professionals in mobile operator and mobile application developing companies, web developers, and developer community managers. Media companies, general managers, business analysts, students, business consultants, and Java developers will also find this book captivating.
“If you want to understand the future of mobile applications and services, their potential impact and the growth opportunities this is the perfect starting point.”
—Martin Smith, Head of Content Innovation & Applications, T-Mobile
Table of Contents
1. Prelude – The Next Generation Experience
3. Becoming an Operator 2.0
4. Introduction to Mobile Service Architectures and Paradigms
5. P-Centric Mobile Ecosystem and Web 2.0
6. Client–Server Platforms for Mobile Services
7. HTTP, WAP, AJAX, P2P and IM Protocols
8. J2EE Presentation Layer
9. Using J2EE for Mobile Services
10. Mobile Devices
11. Mobile Application Paradigms
12. The RF Network
13. Mobile Location Services
14. Mobile 2.0 and IMS
15. Mobilising Media and TV
- Hardcover: 626 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2nd Edition (May 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470725060
- ISBN-13: 978-0470725061