Moodle 2 for Teaching 4-9 Year Olds: Beginner’s Guide
Moodle is a virtual learning environment that is being used in more and more schools worldwide. It is ideal for teaching a younger age group as interactive lessons enable children to learn quicker and with greater ease.
Moodle 2 for Teaching 4-9 Year Olds Beginner’s Guide will help you to adapt your existing lesson plans to online Moodle courses and will give you ideas to create new activities, quizzes, and puzzles to make the learning process fun and interactive for young children.
The interactivity of Moodle means that it is perfect for teaching younger children as they can learn by watching, listening, and doing. Learn how to create activities and quizzes that are specially adapted for younger children and are quick and easy for you to incorporate in Moodle. Other highlights include spot-the-difference exercises, games, and embedded puzzles.
Teaching young children has just got easier with the help of Moodle to create fun, interactive, and informative learning activities.
What you will learn from this book:
- Create a course and find your way around Moodle
- Use the Moodle Database module to create story-telling activities
- Create visual spot-the-difference exercises using the lesson module
- Embed visualizations of historic and time-based events, using the SIMILE Timeline widget
- Add fun games including word-search and hidden picture puzzles to your courses
- Explore how to embed Flash-based puzzles to Moodle
- Combine face-to-face teaching with online activities in a classroom environment
Part of Packt’s Beginner’s Guide series, this book will steadily guide the reader through exercises using practical examples that are easy to build, which are illustrated with screenshots. The activities become steadily more sophisticated and include combining the content from one module with another.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at teachers of children aged 4 to 9 who wish to integrate the Moodle open source virtual learning environment into their teaching. It assumes a basic knowledge of the Web but no prior knowledge of Moodle, although it is expected that you will either have Moodle already set up in your school, or a friendly IT technician who can do it for you.
- Paperback: 332 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849513287
- ISBN-13: 978-1849513289