Microsoft Windows Security Essentials
Windows security concepts and technologies for IT beginners
IT security can be a complex topic, especially for those new to the field of IT. This full-color book, with a focus on the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) program, offers a clear and easy-to-understand approach to Windows security risks and attacks for newcomers to the world of IT. By paring down to just the essentials, beginners gain a solid foundation of security concepts upon which more advanced topics and technologies can be built.
This straightforward guide begins each chapter by laying out a list of topics to be discussed, followed by a concise discussion of the core networking skills you need to have to gain a strong handle on the subject matter. Chapters conclude with review questions and suggested labs so you can measure your level of understanding of the chapter’s content.
- Serves as an ideal resource for gaining a solid understanding of fundamental security concepts and skills
- Offers a straightforward and direct approach to security basics and covers anti-malware software products, firewalls, network topologies and devices, network ports, and more
- Reviews all the topics you need to know for taking the MTA 98-367 exam
- Provides an overview of security components, looks at securing access with permissions, addresses audit policies and network auditing, and examines protecting clients and servers
If you’re new to IT and interested in entering the IT workforce, then Microsoft Windows Security Essentials is essential reading.
From the Back Cover
Learn Windows Security Quickly and Easily
This full-color guide covers the basics of securing a Windows operating system and prepares you to take the Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-367, Security Fundamentals. You’ll learn essential security principles, then quickly get up to speed on malware, NTFS permissions, firewalls, encryption, and much more. This is the ideal book, whether you’re aspiring to be an IT professional, or just brushing up on the basics.
Learn these Windows security essentials—and more:
- Understanding how risk and threat impact security principles
- Recognizing malware in all its forms
- Defending against social engineering attacks
- Identifying the three aspects of user authentication
- Securing access using NTFS permissions
- Protecting clients, servers, and networks
- Understanding encryption, certificates, and PKIs
- Preparing for MTA Exam 98-367, Security Fundamentals
View full-color images of system security settings
Practical illustrations help reinforce learning objectives
This striking Essentials book maximizes skill acquisition and knowledge retention with:
- Chapter-opening learning objectives
- Full coverage of all exam topics
- Four-color screenshots and illustrations
- Essentials and Beyond—summaries and additional suggested exercises
- Chapter review questions
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (June 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 111801684X
- ISBN-13: 978-1118016848
i want to doenload this ebook.
Reup, thank you so much 😉
Oh my God you are awesome.