Mastering Adobe Captivate 6.0
Adobe Captivate is the industry-leading solution for authoring E-learning content. With adobe Captivate one can capture the on-screen action, enhance e-Learning projects, insert SCORM and AICC-compliant quizzes and then, publish your work in various formats for easy deployment on virtually any desktop and mobile device.
Mastering Adobe Captivate 6 is a comprehensive guide to creating SCORM-compliant demonstrations, simulations and quizzes with Adobe Captivate. The sample projects demonstrate each and every feature of Adobe Captivate giving you the expertise you need to create and deploy your own professionalquality e-learning courses.
Mastering Adobe Captivate 6 will guide you through the creation of three e-learning projects including a demonstration, a simulation and a SCORM-compliant quiz. The first part of the book will drive you through the main three steps of the Captivate production process. In the first step, we will use the powerful capture engine of Captivate to generate the needed slides and screenshots. In the second step, we will enhance our slides and screenshots using the objects provided by Captivate. These objects include animations, interactions, videos and more. In the third step, we will make our project available to the outside world by publishing it in various formats including Adobe Flash PDF, video, and even HTML 5. The second part of the book will focus on the advanced tools of Captivate. These tools include the questions slides that make up a quiz, SCORM and AICC compliance, localization of your e-Learning content and widgets among others. In the last chapter, you we will unleash the true power of Captivate by using the variables and the advanced actions to create a unique e-Learning experience.
What you will learn from this book
- Capture animated screenshots
- Use the panning feature and the automatic recording modes of Captivate
- Convert existing Power Point presentation to Captivate
- Add interactivity to your demonstrations and simulations
- Add sound and closed captions to your demonstrations and simulations
- Generate narration with the text-to-speech engine of Captivate
- Create random interactive quizzes with the question slides and the question pools
- Publish your projects to Flash, PDF, YouTube, HTML5 and more enabling virtually any mobile and desktop users to view your e-learning content
- Deploy your simulations, demonstrations and quizzes in any SCORM or AICC-Compliant LMS
- Use the templates and the master slides to implement consistent formatting and rapid development
- Use Captivate with other applications including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Adobe Flash, Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Word
- Unleash the true power of Captivate by using widgets variables and advanced actions
This book is a step-by-step tutorial including all the needed assets to build the three sample projects it covers. It is divided into lots of small sub-topics and follows a clear and logical outline to help you structure your new knowledge. Every single feature covered is immediately illustrated by a meaningful exercise. Self-exploration of the software is strongly encouraged through extra exercises and experimentations. The book also introduces you to the Captivate community by providing lots of external reference and tips and tricks from established e-learning professionals.
Who this book is for
If you are:
- A teacher wanting to produce high quality e-learning content for your students.
- Working in a training department and want to implement e-learning in your company.
- Using a SCORM or AICC-compliant LMS and want to produce e-learning content to track your students’ performance.
- A webmaster in need of a fun and interactive way to produce an FAQ or a support site.
- Interested in e-learning.
Then, this book is for you! A basic knowledge of your operating system (Mac or Windows) is all it takes to author the next generation of e-learning content with this book.
- Paperback: 476 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849692440
- ISBN-13: 978-1849692441