Knight’s Microsoft Business Intelligence 24-Hour Trainer
A book-and-video introduction to Microsoft’s Business Intelligence toolsIf you are just starting to get a handle on Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) tools, this book and accompanying video provides you with the just the right amount of information to perform basic business analysis and reporting. You’ll explore the components and related tools that comprise the Microsoft BI toolset as well as the new BI features of Office 2010. After a basic primer on BI and data modeling, the expert team of authors provides you with step-by-step lessons in the book and videos on the accompanying DVD on how to use SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel BI (including PowerPivot), and SharePoint.
- Integrates instructional videos with each of the lessons found in the book to enhance your learning experience
- Explores the Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) toolset as well as the new BI features of Office 2010
- Encourages you to practice what you’ve learned in “Try It Out” sections
- Contains video demonstrations that walk you through how to tackle each lesson featured in the book
With Knight’s Microsoft Business Intelligence 24-Hour Trainer, veteran authors present you with an ideal introductory book-and-video package so that you can get started working with the BI toolset immediately!
From the Back Cover
A hands-on guide to Microsoft’s Business Intelligence toolset
An ideal starting point for anyone new to the world of Business Intelligence (BI), this unique book-and-DVD package introduces you to the Microsoft BI toolset and provides you with information you need to perform basic business analysis and reporting with Excel and SharePoint. The expert authors begin with a basic primer on BI and data modeling and go on to show you step by step how to use SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Excel BI (including PowerPivot), and SharePoint. Each lesson in the book has an accompanying tutorial on the DVD, making your learning experience thorough and understandable.
Knight’s Microsoft Business Intelligence 24-Hour Trainer:
- Breaks down data warehousing and Business Intelligence into digestible pieces
- Escorts you through solving common scenarios involving SQL Server Integration Services
- Details the ways to configure a data source and a data source view in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Demonstrates how to develop, deploy, and administer SQL Server Reporting Services, use maps in your report, and build a matrix report or dashboard
- Teaches you to deploy and use Reporting Services, Excel Services, and PowerPivot for Excel 2010 and SharePoint 2010
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (September 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470889632
- ISBN-13: 978-0470889633