Kindle Fire HD: The Missing Manual, 2nd Edition
Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD combines the most popular e-reader and tablet features in one sleek package, and with this entertaining guide, you’ll master everything the Fire has to offer. With loads of illustrations, step-by-step instructions, and savvy tips, you’ll learn how to manage your media library in the cloud, find the coolest apps, and make the most of your Kindle Fire experience—no matter which model you choose.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Read all about it. Find ebooks and newspapers in the Kindle Store, and add your own books and magazines.
- Use great new features. Discover Amazon’s X-Ray service, and parental controls for individual users.
- Take in a show. Watch movies and TV series, and display your photos and videos.
- Go online. Browse the Web and manage email with Wi-Fi and 4D LTE.
- Fill up your jukebox. Listen to your favorite music from Amazon and iTunes.
- Load up on apps. Get popular games, guides, and references with Amazon’s Apps for Android.
- Get to work. Read PDFs, Word files, Excel spreadsheets, and other docs.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started and Reading
Chapter 1. Out of the Box: Setting Up, Taking a Tour
Chapter 2. Reading (and Listening to) Books
Chapter 3. The Newsstand
Chapter 4. Documents and Spreadsheets
Part II: Watching and Listening
Chapter 5. Watching TV and Movies
Chapter 6. Photos and Home Videos
Chapter 7. Listening to Music
Part III: Communications and Browsing
Chapter 8. Email, Contacts, and Calendar
Chapter 9. Browsing the Web
Part IV: Kindle in Appland
Chapter 10. Playing Games
Chapter 11. Creative Corner
Chapter 12. Managing Time, Tasks, and Travel
Part V: Appendixes
Appendix A. Settings
Appendix B. Troubleshooting and Maintenance
Appendix C. 8.9-inch Model Special Features
- Paperback: 280 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media / Pogue Press (January 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449316271
- ISBN-13: 978-1449316273