jQuery Mobile Web Development Essentials
jQuery Mobile is a unified, HTML5-based user interface system for all popular mobile device platforms. It is compatible with all major mobile, tablet, e-reader and desktop platforms like iOS, Android, Blackberry, Palm WebOS, Nokia/Symbian, and Windows Phone 7.
Throughout the book, you’ll learn details that help you become a pro at mobile web development. You begin with simple HTML and quickly enhance it using jQuery Mobile for incredible mobile-optimized sites. Start by learning the building blocks of jQuery Mobile’s component-driven design. Dig into forms, events, and styling, then finish by building native mobile applications. You will learn how to build websites and apps for touch devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry with the recently developed jQuery Mobile library through sample applications of increasing complexity.
What you will learn from this book
- Use simple HTML to create mobile-optimized sites
- Create a custom jQuery UI widget using the widget library
- Structure your sites for browsing on mobile devices
- Include forms for interactive sites
- Convert desktop sites into mobile versions
- Theme your jQuery Mobile site
- Create native applications
This book will be an introductory guide to the new jQuery mobile framework. It will teach web developers how to use this new framework to develop interactive, cross-platform mobile web applications.
Who this book is for
If you are a web developer looking to create mobile optimized websites, then this book is for you.
- Paperback: 246 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849517266
- ISBN-13: 978-1849517263