Joomla! Mobile Development: Beginner’s Guide
Joomla! is one of the most popular open-source Content Management Systems, actively developed and supported by a world-wide user community. Although it’s a fun and feature-rich tool, it can be challenging to get beyond the basics with Joomla! and build a mobile website that meets your needs perfectly. Using this book you can create dynamic, interactive mobile web sites that perfectly fit your needs.
Joomla! Mobile Development Beginner’s Guide: This practical guide gives you a head start in using Joomla! for mobile, helping you to create professional and good-looking websites, irrespective of whether you want to create a full-featured company or a club website or build a personal blog site.
The Joomla! Mobile Development Beginner’s Guide helps beginners to get started quickly and then to get beyond the basics to take full advantage of Joomla!’s powerful features to create websites for mobile devices. This book will guide you through the complexities of implementing add-ons, components, modules, and plugins in Joomla! for mobile-friendly websites.
This book teaches all you need to know to make a standard Joomla! website for mobile devices and convert it to a feature-packed and media-rich website. This book will first teach you the basics and then how to customize the layout of mobile Joomla!, followed by creating menus and explaining the template structure. The book will then guide you to enrich your mobile site with different dynamic contents. You will then learn to implement mobile Ajax and different mobile display options for Joomla!. Readers will see different types of QRcode implementations with Joomla! sites and several Joomla! mobile apps to customize and publish contents on the Joomla! mobile site. Finally, you will learn about JoomTouch, which enables you to create different templates for mobile devices and then wrap up with theme switching.
This clear, hands-on guide to building mobile websites helps you to get the most out of Joomla!’s many powerful features.
What you will learn from this book
- Create a feature-rich site that’s easy to expand, customize, and maintain for mobile devices
- Design clear and easy navigation using menus, submenus, and text hyperlinks
- Plan and implement advanced configurations for modules
- Organize your site content in different tabs, articles, and slideshows and improve its search capability with AJAX searching
- Make full use of templates to get your site to look just right, tweak the CSS, and customize templates using your own logo, fonts, and colors
- Create and specify mobile stylesheets for your Joomla! website in order to style your Joomla! website more effectively for mobile users
- Extend Joomla!’s capabilities by finding and utilizing must-have extensions that perfectly meet your needs
- Modify extension functionality to suit your needs
This is a practical step-by-step Beginner’s Guide to Joomla! mobile website building, with friendly and clear explanations enriched with screenshots for easy and quick comprehension.
Who this book is for
If you want to build and maintain your own website for mobile visitors, the Joomla! Mobile Development Beginner’s Guide is perfect for you. It helps you build on the skills and knowledge you may already have on creating websites—but even if you’re new to this subject, you won’t have any difficulty understanding the clear and friendly instructions and explanations. You learn how to build and maintain websites for mobile devices without having to dive deep into HTML and CSS.
- Paperback: 270 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (June 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849517088
- ISBN-13: 978-1849517089